Quintin,

The file /var/bacula/working/bacula.sql is created 'on the fly' by the RunBeforeJob script. It is deleted immediately after it is backed up by the RunAfterJob script. That is why it appears that the file does not exist on your system.

You'll want to copy the BSR file (or email it to yourself) so that you have it on another machine in the event your catalog is lost. You can then rebuild the catalog from the backups using the bootstrap file, and then proceed to run the other restore jobs to get the other data you have backed up.

Ben

---
Benjamin Chambers, P.Eng.
ClarkConnect Account Manager
www.clarkconnect.com
Point Clark Networks
642 King Street West, Suite 200
Toronto, ON
Canada, M5V 1N9

Tel:  +1.416.977.0574 Ext. 111
Fax:  +1.416.946.1192
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Quintin Giesbrecht wrote:
I am trying to figure out what files to backup so that my catalog stays
intact in case my bacula server goes down.  The catalog backup that is
setup by default tries to back up /var/bacula/working/bacula.sql - this
file/directory does NOT exist on my machine.  The MySQL database is
located in /var/lib/mysql/bacula - I have backed up this file, and moved
it to a different machine that is running bacula and have gotten it to
work.  That is, I can list files from my backups, I get history on my
previous backups....what I need to know, is this sufficient?  If my
bacula server goes down, can I rebuild it, reinstall bacula, restore my
/var/lib/mysql/bacula directory, and everything will work as it should?
i.e. I would be able to restore previously backed up jobs?

Thanks for any advice on this,

Quintin Giesbrecht
IT Professional
Hanover School Division
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_ide95&alloc_id396&op=click _______________________________________________ Bacula-users mailing list Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users