Hello,

Please take a look at version 1.36.2 and the all too brief documentation on
the new Options directives that are documented in the ReleaseNotes. They
should simplify a lot of your tasks by allowing you to select by filesystem
type and allow you to do wildcard and regexes on Files and Directories.

These new features are largely untested so feedback would be appreciated.

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 17:01, Ivan Lopez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to define a FileSet which backups every local filesystems,
> excluding some tmp files and all files at /var/spool/postfix, but I want to
> preserve the entire subdirectory structure in the backup, so I call an
> external command at Client to make a list of excluded files:
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = "FILE-DTG-UNIX-generic-full"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       signature = MD5
>     }
>     File = "\\|sh -c 'df -l | grep \"^/dev\" | grep -v \".*/tmp\" | awk
> \"{print \\$6}\"'"
>   }
>   Exclude {
>     File = /proc/*
>     File = /tmp/*
>     File = /var/tmp/*
>     File = "\\| find /var/spool -type f -print"
>   }
> }
>
> It takes a LOT of time to do an estimate command at the Client, with
> bacula-fd eating lots of CPU, but the final result is OK.
>
> If I comment the last exclude doing the find, the estimate command ends
> instantaneously and I can see the difference in the total number of files.
>
> It will be nice to have an option like "file type" for selecting some types
> of files: directories, regular files, links...
>
> Regards,
>
> ivan

Kern