On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Matt Bettinger wrote:

Try changing 'AlwaysOpen' to 'yes'

Thanks.  I think we got it now.  Ran a few jobs and it appears to be
working.  I took your advice and switched the AlwaysOpen to YES.  Now,
the only time the drive rewinds is when it is un-mounted.

Cool, glad it's fixed. :)

One thing I will suggest trying is rebooting the server between backups. On NetBSD I have to have 'alwaysopen' set to no, as if the tape isn't unmounted and the machine rebooted the tape gets marked as failed. Weirdly if I just stop and restart bacula everything is fine, but if I do a backup with 'Alwaysmounted=yes', stop bacula, reboot the machine and then try another backup it errors. FreeBSD is more common and appears to be slightly different in this respect so your milage may vary.

Cheers,

Ian

--
Ian Clark