I downgraded to 1.36.1 and the "hang" appears to have stopped happening.

FYI: My director was hanging on the creation of about 100 jobs. the gdb showed the dir hung in sleep or something in the threads.

Masopust Christian wrote:
hello tim,

my setup is: bacula server (dir, fd and sd) on a redhat ES 3 update 4 (kernel 2.4.x),
mysql 4.1.10 and backups are only to disk. system is a dual pentium III.

at this time there are only some (8) test-jobs running, but they all start
at 1:05am, Maximum Concurrent Jobs is set to 10, so it should be no problem...
what i didn't try till now is to play around with schedules, priorities...

as said, this is currently only for evaluating bacula, testing the setup and
so on.... i plan to go to real in the next weeks, but if i don't find a solution
for the hanging director....

plan for the real backup server is to do backups to two huge raids (6TB),
in first stage no tape, and i'll have appr. 30-40 clients. server will then
be a fedora core 3 (as i plan to use xfs for raids).

best regards and thanks for your help,
christian