Hello List,

I'm trying to restore some files from a job that was pruned from my catalog a
while back. I *think* I have successfully bscanned it in, but I can't be
sure. The command I tried first was this:

bscan -V "mdmon0001|mdmon0006|mdmon0007" -v -s
-c /usr/local/etc/bacula-sd.conf /dev/sa0

However, once the first tape reached the end I received this message:

bscan: bscan Error: Unexpected Tape is Off-line

So I tried the command with each tape manually, each one failed at the end
with the "Tape is Off-line" message, but the database seemed to be up-dating.

So I tried to restore and I recieve the error in the subject line. After this,
bacula won't access the database without a restart, producing lots of errors
like this one:

26-Apr 13:05 backupbox-dir: *Console*.2005-04-26_12.44.13 Fatal error:
sql_get.c:540 sql_get.c:540 query SELECT
PoolId,Name,NumVols,MaxVols,UseOnce,UseCatalog,AcceptAnyVolume,AutoPrune,Recycle,VolRetention,VolUseDuration,MaxVolJobs,MaxVolFiles,MaxVolBytes,PoolType,LabelFormat

FROM Pool WHERE Pool.Name='mail' failed:

I'm not sure if this is due to bscan not happening properly, or something
else. Can anybody help me with this?

I am using version 1.36.2 on FreeBSD5.3 with Postgresql7.3

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matthew Buckland, Network / Support Analyst
Wordbank Limited