On Monday 09 May 2005 21:16, David Clymer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 19:01 +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> > > Perhaps the Bayesian filter should be in front of the submission
> > > address....
> >
> > That would be nice, but SF doesn't let me do it.  In addition, Bayesian
> > filters must be trained on what *your* good/junk email is.  I guess the
> > junk part would work for everyone, but the good email is particular to
> > each person ...
>
> For another opinion:
>
> I really can't remember any previous instances of spam on the list. I'm
> using sitewide spam filtering here, and I go through a lot of our spam
> manually to check for false positives. The only messages from this list
> that I remember seeing there _were_ false positives. I may have
> forgotten a few, but the point is that i dont believe spam is a common
> occurance on bacula-users.

Thanks. This helps confirm my observation.  I looked though my spam folder
where I keep it in quarantine for about a month before blowing it away, but
didn't find much.

Prior to having a spam filter I'd found that pressing the delete key works
pretty well and amazingly fast.

Now with the spam filter, I need fodder for training, so for the .1% that slip
through, I have to drag them from my inbox to my spam folder bringing my
annoyance level up from 0 to .001.  It might have gone higher, but there is a
certain pleasure at knowing that that particular form of spam will never
again get through.

> -davidc
>
> --
> Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like
> being taught. -Winston Churchill

Kern

  (">
  /\