On Tuesday 31 May 2005 16:14, Alan Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2005, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > On version 1.37.20, providing you are using the new Autochanger resource
> > in the SD, your second job will automatically select another drive if one
> > is available, otherwise wait.
>
> Management won't let me test "unstable" versions.

Yes, I imagined so.  This is the case with most bigger operations ...

> > Within a week or so, I hope to ensure that Bacula will never try to load
> > the same tape simultaneously on two drives -- I received my 2 drive
> > autochanger this morning and confirmed that it works a few minutes ago.
> > My biggest problem is programming with it turned on, since it makes
> > almost as much noise as a vacuum cleaner :-)
>
> Yes, this is always a problem with the Overland beasties. They are
> designed for use in a machine room - and they can pick up dust as
> effectively as a vacuum cleaner too, so a suitable enclosure wouldn't
> hurt.

At the moment, it is probably the worst of all situations -- a desk top unit
sitting on my carpeted floor next to a window.   As soon as possible (when I
get another SCSI card, and when a couple guys with strong arms are around),
it will go down two flights of stairs into the basement with closed windows
on a real desktop next to my servers.

Kern

  (">
  /\