Once more, perhaps somebody's interested:

You can set php's error reporting off (or restrict it to serious errors) and Bacula-web works much better.

Still, I think that collection of script does need some work.

I just signed up at Bacula-web's bugtracker to inform the author.

Arno

Arno Lehmann wrote:

Hello,

well, I have it installed here and it's working, although not really that great...

Installation was ok, I don't recall what exactly I had to modify, but it was done in a few minutes.

When I load the pages, though, I get loads of Notices: > Notice: Undefined index: Full_popup in /srv/www/htdocs/bacula-web/index.php on line 82 Notice: Undefined variable: TotalElapsed in /srv/www/htdocs/bacula-web/index.php on line 98 Notice: Undefined variable: TotalElapsed in /srv/www/htdocs/bacula-web/ind...

And graphics are not produced, although the test checking for gd went fine and I know I have gd installed and included in php.

The first thing item is, in my opinion, a good example for sloppy programming. The second is harder to understand for me because I don't know the framework Bacula-web uses and didn't spend much time working through it.

And, since I know that others have it working correctly, I think the problem must be somewhere in my installation. Ah, I just looked - the missing images are a result of the notices because php can't set up the headers for an image file after it sent its notices.

Arno

Andrew Paterson wrote:

Yes
I have it working (on Solaris 9 & linux) and it is a really good piece of software.
Its easy to get working on linux, solaris is another matter.
You shouldn't need to do any moves (try a copy next time) since you are just asking to break something else doing that! Also if you get your ./configure options right you shouldn't have a problem.
I did find that bacula-web has a painful lot of dependencies.
But by golly it was well worth the pain!.
I would doubt if anything is wrong with php! however are you sure you have an apache built with php support? I have built everything from source - php 4, apache 1.3.31, bacula, bacula-web, gd, gettext .... so persevere. -----Original Message----- *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]