On Friday 10 June 2005 18:31, Ben Coakley wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > Perhaps you were not Administrator when you installed Bacula, and if you
> > are then Bacula should run under User Name SYSTEM (and not LocalSystem).
>
> I was logged on with a domain administrator account when I installed
> Bacula.  The bacula service is set to log on as the Local System
> account, in the services control panel.  It runs as SYSTEM, according to
> task manager.  (I was only able to discover this by installing it on a
> Win2k3 box - Win2k's task manager doesn't show the effective user name,
> as far as I can tell.)
>
> However, it still has file permission problems.  They don't seem to be
> consistent either - I've only run a couple of tests, but it seems to be
> complaining about different folders each time.
>
> > Normally, there is no reason to fiddle with trying to create a "bacula"
> > user on Windows it only complicates things.
>
> That's good to know (and certainly matches up with my experience so far).

My experience with Microsoft says that it is probably not the same thing to be
logged in as a domain administrator and as the Administrator.

As usual, Microsoft seems to have complicated things even more with every
release, and if your files that cannot be backed up participate in the Active
Directory, then you may need to run Bacula under a Domain Admin userid rather
than SYSTEM.

Kern

  (">
  /\