OK. I got past the last configuration roadblock. Sometimes by posting a
question, subconscious processes are put in motion that eventually lead me to a
solution on my own. I hope I may be excused for posting here, then finding my
own answer. Perhaps I should just email the questions to myself. My boss wants
me to get this working by the end of the week, so I am under a little pressure.

Anyway, I think what I will do is run configure|make|make install again with
more options. The manual has, AFAIKT, all the information I need; it's just
scattered around a little bit. I have been trying to get Bacula running with
minimal reading (due, in part, to the fact that my boss is looking over my
shoulder * sometimes literally) and it's just not working. If I use gnome
instead of kde and configure with all the bells and whistles, maybe I can get
it working on time.

Thanks for your patience.

Tks n rgds,
Richard White CNE6