Hi,

Yann Cézard wrote:

That's make me thinking of a possible enhancement in the (re-)scheduling of jobs. The problem I have met one or two times is that for one reason or another a job could not be run (missing free volumes in pool in my case), all the jobs with lower priority won't be runned. I tried to play with Rescheduling parameters but with no success as the failed job is rescheduled with the same priority, so if the problem can't be resolved for the next tries, all planned jobs after
this one won't be done to... quite annoying
Isn't it possible to add something like a "Reschedule Priority Change = (int)" parameter that will increase the priority of the job when it is rescheduled, then it would be placed at the end of the
queue and others jobs could be runned normally ?

But perhaps I am missing something in the Rescheduling of jobs...

I don't know if it's actually you missing anything, but my understanding (and thus usage, of course) of priorities is that they are used to force the order of execution. Like, database backup always comes next-to-last, shutdown as the last thing in my setup.

When I have jobs that don't require a certain order, either I manage their start times in their schedules, or I leave it to the director to figure out when and in which order to run them.

Arno

Cheers,

Yann

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]