H,

Romain wrote:

I hesitate between incremental and differential for my backup jobs.

I don't want to keep several months of data history.
I only want to go back to a D - 3 weeks state if necessary.

So my backup planning is :
- 1 full backup every week, 3 weeks of file retention
- 1 diff or incr backup every day, 10 days of file retention

So i set up 2 pools of backup :
  - 1 Full with 3 volumes (auto-recycle)
  - 1 Incr/Diff with 10 volumes (auto-recycle)

Simple isn't it ?

Yup. Looks reasonable.

For my backup every day I don't know what to plan ? Incr or Diff ?

What would you use if you were me ?

That depends on the amount of data changed between backup runs, how much time you want to spend during backup, and how much you want to strain the SD and DIR during a restore - with differentials, you always only need the last full and the desired differential backup, while with incrementals up to 10 volumes could be necessary.

Arno

Thanks a lot.

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]