Hello,
I'm seeing some strange behavior with restores under 1.36.3/RHEL 3 using an AIT-3 drive. I'm not quite sure what is causing it and I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

When I choose restore option 5 (Select the most recent backup) bacula proceeds to restore data from the last full and subsequent diff/incr jobs. However, for large restores (>50 GB), I notice a few dozen error messages like:
 Error: attribs.c:339 File size of restored file /foo/bar not correct.
 Original [file size], restored [large, bogus file size].

Comparing the restores against the live data, I see that the restored files have lots of random garbage inserted/appended to them.

However, when I manually find the jobIDs of the full/diffs/incrs and restore them individually with restore option 3, there is no corruption and the files all seem fine.

Most of the corrupt files are older than the last full; Perhaps there's something in the diff/incr jobs that corrupts the files from the full job. However, most of the corrupt files are older than the last full and so are not even present in the diff/incr jobs.

Has anyone seen behavior like this or have any ideas about where to look?

Thanks!

--
Theron Toomey, System Administrator
NSEES-IT (919-613-8148)