On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 22:49 -0400, nathan r. hruby wrote:

> If you have an autoloader you can simply swap mags and have bacula rescan
> the library, after that it should prefer those tapes instead of the ones
> out of the changer.  I think that's what you're getting at... weekly
> rotation of tape media through the changer to support the full retention
> period?

I needed this to be automated.  On the first Sunday of every month, I
need to do a second round of full backups to tape which will be shipped
off site.  Every Sunday a full backup is done, and these are kept
onsite.  So I just need that second round of full backups to start with
a clean tape so that I'm not taking part of the local full backup
content with the tapes to go offsite.  And this needs to happen on the
weekend when nobody is here.

> As to specifically marking a tape (or set of tapes) as Full to force
> the Director to pick a pre-defined tape I don't know.  You could probably
> manipulate the MySQL database behind Bacula's back and then HUP it to pick
> up changes... I might mention that just because you *can* do something
> doesn't mean you *should* do something :)

Heh, thanks for the suggestion.

--
Jesse Keating
GameHouse -- Systems Engineer