Good morning everyone,

Can a backup job which has been upgraded to Full be forced to use a
different Pool in the director config?

Example situation:
1) A new client is added to the director config in the middle of the month.
2) Full backups occur at the beginning of the month.
3) The new client uses a generic schedule which is defined for similar
clients.
4) The next Run in that schedule is defined with Level=Incremental
Pool=IncrPool.
5) So the director upgrades the job to Full, but still wants to use the
IncrPool because it's specified in the Run directive.

What I would like to see (if it is possible) is optional functionality such
that when a job is upgraded during a scheduled Run, the Pool for that Run
can be overridden as well.

The first thing that came to mind when I started thinking about this is that
job levels might have to be assigned to pools -- which may not be want some
users want.  After some further consideration it occurs to me that an
optional Upgrade Pool directive could be added to the Schedule resource.

Of course, these considerations hinge on whether such functionality is not
currently available.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris