On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 09:32 +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Try the "release" command.  It was designed to release the drive but not to
> block it as the "unmount" command does.  You may need to explicitly do an
> "unload" of the drive using mtx directly.  If that is the case, it might be
> an interesting RFC for Bacula to do that when it is dealing with an
> autochanger.
>
> As far as I know, no one is using "release" so it may or may not work.

So release does not unload the drive, so I would have to pair that with
an mtx call to unload.  This I'd rather not do, but I suppose I should.

I'll work on drafting an RFC to handle non-blocking unloading of the
drive for the purpose of being able to do magazine maint at convenience
but not block backups if the tape system isn't gotten to within the day.

I know you're working on support for multi-drive tape loaders.  How
would these be referenced differently than just a single storage device?
Now one can say 'unload storage=Tape'  with drive stuff, would it be
something like 'unload storage=Tape drive=1'  ?

--
Jesse Keating
GameHouse -- Systems Engineer