Hello everybody,
we replaced our old ARCServe with Bacula 2 weeks ago and everything is
running fine. For my first post here I really want to thank the
developpers because it is a pleasure to work with Bacula !
I post here my question because I didn't find anything in the previous
posts or in the documentation.
###
# VERSION
I use Bacula 1.36.2-2sarge1 Debian package (a "false" 1.36.2 as there is
many patches of the 1.36.3 included :o) )
###
# PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
I use the "classical" Daily(8), Weekly(4), Monthly(12) pools for the
backup rotation. Until now all the tapes were blank for the backup, but
now I begin reusing the daily tapes.
My daily backup start at 1am so I load the good tape the evening before.
At 1 am :
-If it is a new tape (never used) the jobs starts with no problems; it
mounts the tape automatically and use it.
-If the tape is used (but ready to be reused); the job start, Bacula say
"cannot find any appendable volume", Bacula purge the volumes (the tape
is now good to be used) and, even if AutomaticMount=yes, Bacula request
mounting the tape. The job don't start until I mount the tape (the tape
is already in the taper).
So if Bacula need to recycle the tape, AutomaticMount don't work anymore.
As I don't know if I am clear enough :o) This is my configuration :
###
#CONFIGURATION
## DIRECTOR
# 8 tapes (2 weeks of working days)
Pool {
Name = Daily
Pool Type = Backup
Volume Retention = 13 days
Volume Use Duration = 19 h # 1 tape/day
Recycle = yes
AutoPrune = yes
}
Schedule {
Name = "ServerMonthlyCycle"
Run = Level=Full Pool=Monthly 1st mon at 1:00
Run = Level=Full Pool=Weekly 2nd-5th mon at 1:00
Run = Level=Differential Pool=Daily tue-fri at 1:00
}
## STORAGE
Device {
Name = HP_DAT72
Media Type = DDS-72
Archive Device = /dev/nst0
AutomaticMount = yes;
AlwaysOpen = yes;
RemovableMedia = yes;
RandomAccess = no;
VolumePollInterval = 60
OfflineOnUnmount = yes
CloseOnPoll = yes
Maximum Spool Size = 15gb
Maximum Job Spool Size = 10gb
Spool Directory = /srv/bacula/spool/HP_DAT72
}
###
# LOG WITH COMMENTS
# the tape D03 is in the taper when the backup start at 1am
04-Aug 01:00 hunter-dir: Start Backup JobId 217,
Job=std-arapaho.2005-08-04_01.00.00
04-Aug 01:01 arapaho-fd: DIR and FD clocks differ by 76 seconds, FD
automatically adjusting.
04-Aug 01:00 hunter-dir: Max configured use duration exceeded. Marking
Volume "D02" as Used.
# this is good as I use 1 volume / day
04-Aug 01:02 hunter-dir: Pruned 8 Jobs on Volume "D03" from catalog.
04-Aug 01:02 hunter-dir: Pruned 1 Job on Volume "D04" from catalog.
04-Aug 01:02 hunter-sd: Job std-arapaho.2005-08-04_01.00.00 waiting.
Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume for:
Storage: HP_DAT72
Media type: DDS-72
Pool: Daily
04-Aug 01:03 hunter-dir: Recycled volume "D03"
04-Aug 02:02 hunter-sd: Please mount Volume "D03" on Storage Device
"HP_DAT72" for Job std-arapaho.2005-08-04_01.00.00
Use "mount" command to release Job.
# here is the problem: the tape is recycled and is in the taper but
Bacula doesn't mount the tape
04-Aug 04:03 hunter-sd: Please mount Volume "D03" on Storage Device
"HP_DAT72" for Job std-arapaho.2005-08-04_01.00.00
Use "mount" command to release Job.
# here I use the 'mount' command with bconsole
04-Aug 08:00 hunter-sd: std-arapaho.2005-08-04_01.00.00 Warning:
Couldn't rewind device /dev/nst0 ERR=dev.c:406 Rewind error on
/dev/nst0. ERR=No medium found.
# I don't know what is this error but it is working :oP (Maybe because I
use 'release' instead of 'umount' to eject the previous tape ?)
04-Aug 08:00 hunter-sd: Please mount Volume "D03" on Storage Device
"HP_DAT72" for Job std-arapaho.2005-08-04_01.00.00
04-Aug 08:01 hunter-sd: Recycled volume "D03" on device "/dev/nst0", all
previous data lost.
04-Aug 08:01 hunter-sd: Spooling data ...
Do you have any ideas or suggestion to solve my problem ?
Thank you.
Loïs
-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is Sponsored by the Better Software Conference & EXPO
September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle Practices
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing & QA
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement * http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users