Ok, using the ide-tape driver isn't an option as it seems.
But i'm still interessted in using the ide-scsi driver. Wether it is
reliable enough for a working bacula environment or not, i can only
figure out, when i get the drive running. I don't have much critical
data, so a failing job won't do much harm.

Backing up to DVD isn't my preferred method, althoug i haven't tested it
till now. I have the STT20000 available, but no other backup solution,
and it annoyes me not to get it running.

I still hope that someone can help me with a configuration or other help
for this particular drive. If there is noone with such a config
available, i'm forced to think of a new solution, sure.

Thx anyway, Jeffrey. Maybe i research into your backup method for future
use.

Regards,
Sascha