On Wednesday 31 August 2005 13:30, steve apale wrote:
> An interesting read considering the recent discussions on funding.

Yes, indeed. This is a very interesting article.  I was aware of the problems
of funding especially bad feelings that can develop when certain developers
are paid and others not, but I had never considered it from an angle of
"crowing-out" of volunteer programmers.  This "crowding-out" of volunteers is
clearly something that I don't want to happen as I want Bacula to remain free
and open rather than commercial or semi-commercial.

What I have noticed is that most, for sure not all, of Bacula's contributors
have made one, sometimes important contribution, then gone on to other
things. There is a growing number of long time contributors, which is very
pleasing to me -- thanks guys, and there is a growing number of contributions
as well.  What I would like to encourage is a few more long time contributors
that work in the core code.  This is the major area that is lacking in
Bacula.  Perhaps this will happen over time, perhaps it will improve if I
start making a few public appearances next year in free software meetings.
Any suggestions from anyone along this line would be welcome.

Thanks for the link ...

Kern

  (">
  /\