Hello,

Am 30.08.2005 um 18:15 schrieb Kern Sibbald:

Perhaps you didn't read the ReleaseNotes where I indicate that SQLite3 in my
tests was 4 to 10 times slower than SQLite 2.

Try SQLite 2 or MySQL.

I used sqlite3 mainly because it came preinstalled with MacOS 10.4. Meanwhile I have installed MySQL for other reasons and tried bacula with it. The result was a double in performance up to ~120kB/sec.

While running the backup job I noticed that "netstat" reported 32768 entries in the send queue of the bacula-fd. I tried to backup to a remote sd (running under Linux on a 200Mhz/PPC603e, i.e. not a powerful box) and got ~520kB/sec.