Aditya Ivaturi wrote:
> "The Volume Use Duration directive defines the time period that the
> Volume can be written beginning from the time of first data write to the
> Volume. If the time-period specified is zero (the default), the Volume
> can be written indefinitely. Otherwise, when the time period from the
> first write to the volume (the first Job written) exceeds the
> time-period-specification, the Volume will be marked Used, which means
> that no more Jobs can be appended to the Volume, but it may be recycled
> if recycling is enabled."
>
> So if I am understanding it correctly, my config was default i.e "0"
> which means the volumes should have been used indefinitely until the
> retention period is reached which is 6 months since it is created (and
> it has been just 2 days since it was created) and will be again
> recycled. But instead it has been marked "used", which tells me that
> somehow the director thinks that time period has exceeded the specified
> time. And that is the reason director thinks that it cannot write to the
> volume and is requesting a new volume to append to.

No, the volumes will not be used indefinitely.  Here's your Pool
definitions again:

Pool {
  Name = Lin-pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes           # automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 6 months
  Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Label Format = LIN-
  Maximum Volumes = 5
}

Pool {
  Name = Win-pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes           # automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes         # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 6 months
  Accept Any Volume = yes # write on any volume in the pool
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Label Format = WIN-
  Maximum Volumes = 5
}

You have specified "Maximum Volume Jobs = 1" in both pools.  That's
equivalent to specifying the "Use Volume Once" directive.  You're
telling Bacula to write *one single job* to each Volume, then mark it as
Used.  Bacula is doing exactly what you told it to do.  It's just that
what you told it to do wasn't actually what you WANTED it to do.

Try removing "Maximum Volume Jobs = 1" from your Pool definitions, then
issuing an Update Pools command.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518