> ---------- quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ----------
> > Can you try the job with bacula gzip compression
> set
> > on with both new and old?
>
> I never tried it with SW compression on the tape
> drive, because bacula
> howto says you shouldn't use that when writing to a
> tape drive.
>
> Should I use it anyway?
In general the answer is usually no because most
drives have hardware compression turned on. The reason
for this is in most cases if you have both hardware
and software compression on you will get a slight
expansion by the hardware compression. But in your
case I am trying to rule out compression as causing
your problem with your tapes.