On Wednesday 07 September 2005 18:09, Scott Parker wrote:
> We are trying to find specific files *.tif to restore from
> the root directory of a backup job. The 'find'
> command does find all the files but we can't seem to
>  'mark' all the wildcard tiffs.
> If anyone knows of a way to do this without having to go
>  through every directory, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

It is a bit ugly, but you could do something like the following in bconsole:

@output some-file
find *.tif
@output

Then restart the "restore" and use the option to feed it a list of files
"some-file" to restore.  I'm not sure if this will work.

If you have any suggestions about how to improve the find/mark mechanism, I'm
interested -- perhaps a "find-and-mark" command?

> Thanks
>
> Scott

Kern

  (">