-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Michael
Dauer
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 6:40 AM
To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Bacula-users] Re: Restoring to a Running Linux System

Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Michael Dauer wrote:

> > > Given your recovery strategy, that would be the recommended approach, yes.
> >

> > Sorry I was not very precise. I meant I want to include the files during
> > backup but have them excluded during restore. So I could restore them to
> > /tmp and check them one by one after a reboot.
>
> Oh.  No, you cannot do this.  You would have to 'mark all' then manually
> unmark the files you did not want to restore.
>
> Frankly, it's probably safer and easier to boot the machine from a
> Knoppix CD and restore onto the bare metal.

The current Knoppix CD does not yet support a 2.6 kernel (only the DVD). As
soon as the new CD is released I will build a bacula restore CD.

But I think most people here are doing sth like this. Isn't there a CD image
with 2.6 kernel available which was prepared by somebody who has a better idea
of what he is doing than I have.

/M

Actuall Knoppix has supported the 2.6 kernel since (at least) version 3.4
(Quite some time ago). You just had to specify it at the boot promt by typing
in knoppix26 instead of just hitting enter and booting the default kernel
"knoppix".

Cheers,
Silas

=0)