Hi,
        Unfortunately yes I got some problems recently but now I have
reduced the number of jobs to 10 and on 2 occassions when I did raise the
jobs to 20 Dir crashed or hanged at night don't know why. I do use SMP in
both DIR and SD. Since from today I implemented network bonding I am going
to increase the jobs to 40 let's see what happens tonight. Regarding FileSet
I guess having wildfile = *.mp3 or File = *.mp3 will do the same job. Maybe
I should upgrade both DIR and SD to 1.37 as using a CVS version on
production system won't be a good idea I guess.

Arunav.

> Hello,
>
> I suspect that you have now set the record for having the most problems
with
> Bacula, if not, you are close.  Unfortunately, that is a rather unpleasant
> distinction :-(
>
> If you are asking if your FileSet is correct, I don't see any major
problems.
> However, now that you have moved the wildcards to the Exclude resource, I
> personally would remove the "Exclude = yes" from the Options.  It should
do
> no harm, but it could make reading the FileSet confusing for someone who
> doesn't know the history ...
>
> There is one known mutex race condition in 1.36.x that could cause a
Director
> hang, and perhaps you are more likely to see it than most users because
you
> are running a *lot* of jobs every night, and if I am not mistaken, you
have a
> real smp system, which tends to make race conditions even more evident.
>
> Note, I forgot to mention last time I emailed that if either the SD *or*
the
> DIR crashes during a backup, the number of files on your tape is likely to
be
> wrong (if the Director goes down the SD cannot update the catalog).
>
> If this happens again, please attach to the Director with the debugger
using
> something like:
>
>   gdb bacula-dir <pid>
>
> where you replace <pid>  with the PID of the Director, then produce a
> traceback as described in the Kaboom chapter of the manual.  At least I
can
> verify if you are seeing a known problem.  This race bug is fixed in 1.37,
> but it was such a substantial fix that there is no patch for 1.36.

What

> > debug

> > > You should have gotten a traceback by email.  If not, you can produce
one

> > by
> >
> > > running the Director under the debugger as described in the kaboom
> > > chapter
> >
> > of
> >
> > > the manual.

> > It happened again yesterday night bacula dir didnt crash it seems but
when
> > I tried to log into it in morning via bconsole I can't and there were no
> > backup mails also.I changed nothing in the config file expect the
Fileset