Hello,

There are three general topics that I would like to address:

1. The current status of version 1.37  to be released as 1.38.0
2. The next development version (wishlists, projects and such interesting
    topics).
3. My current thoughts on donations

Since there is a lot to say, I'll do it in three separate emails, with the
current one addressing the first item above.

As most of you probably know, I have been functioning only at about 10% of my
normal capacity since the beginning of September due to some back problems.
Hopefully this will clear up in the next month or so, and the timing wasn't
really bad because it gave a nice pause for stabilization of 1.37.

At this point, I think that 1.37 is nearly ready for release. All the major
bugs have been fixed, though a couple remain to be confirmed.  There still
remain a lot of little items that need to be done before release -- primarily
documentation.  This will take more time than it normally takes me, and the
second half of October I'll be off trying to improve my terribly weak German
skills.

The bottom line is that I cannot see any way to make the release before the
beginning of November, assuming I can complete the remaining details before
mid-October, and providing that no new important bugs crop up.

I'll probably make one more beta release of version 1.37.40 (.tar.gz format)
in the next couple of days, so that those of you already on 1.37 can upgrade
to the most current code and anyone wishing to begin testing it can.

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V