Hello,

On 03.10.2005 21:00, Dean Waldow wrote:

I also have have learned I have to stop bacula (likely the bacula-sd daemon) to use either 'mt -t /dev/st0 COMMAND' or 'btape ... ' for testing. It appears that bacula has the device in use because I defined it already in the bacula-sd.conf file.

Just FYI: unmount does what you want, and this is documented (at least) in the description for the console command - release.

Not actually funny, and something that should be changed. I'll see if I can come up with some suggestions, but not immediately...

It is likely documented some where but I didn't see it near the "Testing your Tape Drive with Bacula" section. It took me a little while to realize that. :) That seems to take care of the resource busy error for me. However, as Maria notes, it likely doesn't help the rest...

Hmm. Now I wonder - you are using bextract while you've got the daemons running? Wouldn't it be easier to just recreate the catalog and use bacula itself?

Arno

Dean