On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Kern Sibbald wrote:

This option is there for these kinds of situations, but since very few people
seem to create/use the Bacula rescue disk (I'm sorry for them), I haven't put
much time or energy into it.

IIRC, I'm the one who asked for the "Use the prebuild static-fd already
installed" feature and do use it for a few hosts.

Sadly, the diskconfig scripts bacula has now don't deal with md's or LVM so
they of are limited usefulness to me for most of my systems.  At one
point I had a *very* crufty patch that would enable these features to be
restored.

I'll attempt to find, clean up and enhance that patch in the near future
for submission.

-n