There is a way to extract files from a media without the catalog and the bootstrap file? Bacula dont delete fisicaly the media when pruning catalog so we have a media in the storage without the catalog and without any reference of its existence in bacula, right? A media without the catalog is useless or there is a way to recover flies from it?

I have a DVD and Id like to put my medias in there. For example, medias with less then 30 days is stored on my local hd for faster recovery. After 30 days bacula automatically or with minimal intervention copy the media to a DVD storage for example, maybe a event fired after the media is full or used. My local HD will act like a pool until the media gets the status of full or used and after that the media will be moved to a DVD, the catalog pruned or not and a bootstrap for the media writen with the media in DVD storage.

What I really want is have the same medias in HD and CD the diference that the media in HD will have data for the last 30 days for example and in cd will have the data as long as I have the cd, these CDS I dont know how many time I will stay with it (I have a example that I need to restore a almost 2 years old backup due fiscalization) the same time I dont want to fill my catalog with data that maybe I will need so I mentioned the bootstrap. Maybe a separeted catalog for cds will be fine too... I dont know.

Is there a way to bacula acomplish with this, sorry for being a bit confused but it is so many question :)

Thanks...

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivĂ­rus e
acredita-se estar livre de perigo.