Hardware:
-24 tape library
-two magazines (7 tapes each) (other slots currently empty)

I want to make this as simple as possible for an individual to take backups off site so my plan was to try and seperate the different removals to coincide with the magazines. That is, make it so an entire magazine can be pulled out and another put in (then just run the update slots).

The backup schema is as follows:

Weekly backup of data (2 weeks)
-End of each week the first week is removed and taken off site and replaced with the next weeks media.

Monthly backup of full systems (2 months)
-End of each month the first month is removed and taken off site and replaced with the next months media.

Each of these groups(pools/jobs) of media can easily fit within the 7 tapes in each magazine. So my plan was to have 4 magazines (2 weeklys, 2 monthlys) which are rotated.

This is not the most ideal setup but thought it would make life easy for those having to manage the volumes(tapes).

I think I have an idea how to do this accept one aspect and it is likely a result of my total lack of understanding of bacula and how its different from my previous experience but in anycase here is my issue.

It would seem I can only specify Job Retention periods per Client Resource. If this is the case then my next conclusion is that if I want multiple jobs with different Job Retentions (ie: weekly and monthly) I will have to have multiple Client Resources for each client (since this is where the retention for the job appears to be located). If this is the case then it would seem I would also need another Job Resource for each of those Client Resources since in the Job Resource I specify the actual client.

Am I even on the right track or have I flown off into n00by confusion land and not only am I going about this entirely wrong but I have not grasped how the configs work?

TIA and I apologize upfront for my ignorance.