I actually ran into the same issue just yesterday.

Try putting an explicit drive letter in front of the WorkingDirectory and Pid
Directory locations in the bacula-fd.conf file.  That fixed it for us.

-Brian

Quoting Shawn Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Has anyone been able to get the bacula-fd service to work on a win2k3
server?  I ran the default install routine and had it install itself as
a service but when I run 'netstat -an', nothing is listening on port
9102.  I check the task manager and I see it in the list of processes.
I run a 'telnet localhost 9102' and it doesn't connect.

If I double click on bacula-fd.exe and get the little tape icon in the
system tray, then it seems to works fine.  I run 'netstat -an' and it
shows up with no problems, I run 'telnet localhost 9102' and it connects
with no problems.

I don't want to leave a user logged in on the console in order to get
this to work.  How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Shawn

-- "I do feel that evolution is being controlled by some sort of divine engineer.
I can't help thinking that.  And this engineer knows exactly what he or she is
doing and why and where evolution is headed. That's why we've got giraffes and
hippopotami and the clap."
--Kurt Vonnegut