Hi Pete,

I'm a bacula newbie. I am running bacula-1.38.0 and looked through the
manual and did some googling without an answer. I tried doing a backup
of a linux server of the root directory "/". At the end of the bacup the
messages in bconsole reported:
*messages
01-Nov 14:22 bacula-dir: Start Backup JobId 20,
Job=Job-serv2.2005-11-01_14.22.25
01-Nov 14:22 bacula-sd: Volume "vol2" previously written, moving to end
of data.
serv2-fd:      Filesystem change prohibited. Will not descend into /home
serv2-fd:      Filesystem change prohibited. Will not descend into /var

So /home and /var/didn't get backed up because they are their own
filesystems. Is there a configuration option where everything under "/"
would be backed up regardless of not being in the "/" filesystem? Here
is what I think is the relevent configuration that I have in

Try this directive in your FileSet directive (this is from the manual, http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html):

If set to yes (the default), Bacula will remain on a single file system. That is it will not backup file systems that are mounted on a subdirectory. If you wish to backup multiple filesystems, you can explicitly list each file system you want saved. Otherwise, if you set the onefs option to no, Bacula will backup all mounted file systems (i.e. traverse mount points) that are found within the FileSet. Thus if you have NFS or Samba file systems mounted on a directory listed in your FileSet, they will also be backed up. Normally, it is preferable to set > and to explicitly name each filesystem you want backed up. Explicitly naming the filesystems you want backed up avoids the possibility of getting into a infinite loop recursing filesystems. See the example below for more details.

Ciao
Angus Jordan