Hi,

I have two feature requests, which should make life easier:

Item 1:   A "Storage Run Before/After Job" Directive for the director
  Origin: Daniel Bloemer ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

What: It should be possible to run a Command before and after a particular job on the sotrage daemon.

Why: bacula has one drawback if you are using tight security-rules concering a DMZ. If you want to backup maschines from a DMZ, you don't want to allow the DMZ to access the storage-deamon directly. I use a ssh-tunnel started opened before the job, and closed afterwards to minmize the access to my intranet. this works fine, as long as director and storage are on the same host. But if not.....

  Notes:  no notes for now

Item 2: A "Job Batch"-directive for the storage-director which allows the user to start several Jobs as a batch.

  Origin: Daniel Bloemer ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

  What:   A directive to bundle certain jobs and run them all at once.

Why: Running automated backups works fine, but if you can not run backups automatically (for example: You don't know fo rshure when your USB-Disc is plugged in) and have to start them manually, it is quite inconvenient to start each job manually from the console.

  Notes:  no notes for now

I hope these ideas are useful...

Best regards

Daniel Bloemer