Kern --

Thanks for the advice. I can't count how many times this machine has been rebooted :o It is scheduled for upgrade to XP but won't happen for another month or so. And I'd like to have a complete backup before the upgrade.

Thanks again.

Karl

Kern Sibbald wrote:
I'd reboot the machine to be sure, but it is also possible, even though we tried, that we no longer properly support Win98 -- it isn't so easy with all the new VSS code we have added. I personally no longer have a Win98 system on which I can test. Perhaps Thorsten would have some comments ...

If you can afford the upgrade, I would *highly* recommend upgrading to WinXP Home (or Pro) both of which are much better than Win98 in terms of stability.