Hey everyone,

I’m starting on a new storage project for an MRI system we just got and wanted to tap some of the knowledge in this group.

We have a sun v20z with a 1TB RAID array and an L25 tape library with a LTO-3 drive in it. We will be pulling imaging data off of the MRI and storing it in user folders on the RAID array. We will be using Bacula to run our regular incremental daily and weekly full backups. We want to archive as well. The idea is to not have and data older than 6 months in the user directories. Once a month we want to move all data older than 6 months to tape and then remove it from the drives. We of course would need to know it was on the drives before we removed it. We would then pull the tape for archiving.

Has anyone done archiving like this with Bacula? Anyone have any ideas, pitfalls etc with this plan?

Thanks in Advance,

Ray

Ray Pengelly

Computer Systems Administrator

CIHR Group In Sensory-Motor Integration

Queen's University

613-533-6000 x74139

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Wouldn't it be great if life were like windows where you could hit ctrl-alt-delete and start over when things go wrong?" - Anonymous

"How about life being like Unix where they don't mess up in the first place" - Ray

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Pengelly;Ray
FN:Ray Pengelly
ORG:CIHR Group in Sensory-Motor Systems
TITLE:Computer Systems Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(613) 533-6000 x74139
TEL;WORK;FAX:(613) 533-2047
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Abramsky Hall room 106=0D=0AQueen's University;Kingston;Ontario;K7L 3N6;Ca=
nada
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Abramsky Hall room 106=0D=0AQueen's University=0D=0AKingston, Ontario K7L 3N=
6=0D=0ACanada
URL;WORK:http://brain.phgy.queensu.ca
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20050728T110325Z