Hi,

I'm trying to run a backup job on Windows XP machine from the bacula console. I am able to query the status of the Windows machine from the console, however I get the following output when I run the job:

status client

foppa-fd Version: 1.36.3 (22 April 2005) Windows XP MVS NT 5.1.2600
Daemon started 11-Nov-05 10:19, 0 Jobs run since started.
No Terminated Jobs.
Running Jobs:
Director connected at: 11-Nov-05 10:58
JobId 4 Job Foppa.2005-11-11_10.36.42 is running.
   Unknown Type Job started: 11-Nov-05 10:36
   Files=0 Bytes=0 Bytes/sec=0
   Files Examined=0
   SDSocket closed.

status dir

Running Jobs:
JobId Level   Name                       Status
4 Full Foppa.2005-11-11_10.36.42 is waiting for Client foppa-fd to connect to Storage File

Its looks like the bacula-fd doesn't understand the backup request from the director. Below is a snapshot of my configs:

From bacula-dir on FC4

Client {
 Name = foppa-fd
 Address = foppa.my.domain
 FDPort = 9102
 Catalog = CCFCatalog
 Password = "XXXXXXXX"
 AutoPrune = yes
 Job Retention = 6 months
 File Retention = 60 days
}

FileSet {
 Name = "Foppa Set"
 Include {
   Options {
    signature = SHA1
    Compression = GZIP9
   }
   File = "C:/Documents and Settings"
 }
}

Job {
 Name = Foppa
 Type = Backup
 Client = foppa-fd
 FileSet = "Foppa Set"
 Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
 Storage = File
 Messages = Standard
 Pool = Default
 Full Backup Pool = Full-Pool
 Incremental Backup Pool = Inc-Pool
 Differential Backup Pool = Diff-Pool
 Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/foppa.bsr"
 Priority = 10
}

From bacula-fd on WinXP

Director {
 Name = apollo-dir
 Password = "XXXXXXXX"
}

FileDaemon {                          # this is me
 Name = foppa-fd
 FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director
 WorkingDirectory = /bacula/working
 Pid Directory = /bacula/working
}

Also, running estimate on this client returns a value:

2000 OK estimate files=3163 bytes=205,248,627

Maybe I just need a sanity check but to me it seems like everything is setup correctly. My money on the FileSet Resouce and maybe that's where my problems lies. I followed the example for the documentation under the Windows FilesSets section.

Thanks,
Rob