John Stoffel wrote:

Julien> I think I found the problem.  I changed the scsi id of the
Julien> tape drive from ID 0 to ID 6 and it *seems* to work better (I
Julien> did a full backup and no problems occured yet). I read that
Julien> apparently ID 0 and ID 1 should not be used for tape drives
Julien> (it's for booting devices only ...)

Do you have any other SCSI devices on that chain?  Or is the tape
drive the only device?  Generally people do put the tape drives higher
up the SCSI number chain, but that's because they used to default to
SCSI ID 0 as the root disk.

Now, you might still have problems, because 6 or 7 could be the ID of
the SCSI controller itself.  In this case, I suspect it's 7, but it's
something for you to check.

John
I don't have any other scsi devices on that chain, the tape drive is the only device. You're right, the scsi id of the controller is 7 (it was 1 before, I've also changed this)