Hello,

On 25.11.2005 17:36, Khalil Foundy wrote:

Hi all,
I need your advice about the best way of monitoring bacula using a
script.

I'm using Nagios and the check_bacula plugin (see www.nagiosexchange.org IIRC). This checks the status of the daemons.

I am interested in monitoring the deamons, to see if they are
running or not. I am also inetersted to know the status of the
director/storage/client and of course running, sheduled or finished
backups.

This is not currently implemented, I suppose because that information is not easily integrated into Nagios.

The idea is to report all these informations to a centralized
monitoring tool such as zabbix (see http://www.zabbix.com), but it can
be nagios or any thing the same. Scripting lnguage will be python, much
simpler and cleaner than perl.

check_bacula is C code and requires bacula sources to be available and configured.

To check the status of actual Bacula jobs, I used a Run After Job script in Bacula which reports job results as passive check results to Nagios.

Works reliable for a while now.

Arno

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your help.

Khalil FOUNDY

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]