Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 November 2005 17:32, PCextreme - Updates wrote:
>>So i wanted to devide in in 4 slides:
>>Day 1
>>/home/a*
>>/home/b*
>>/home/c*
>>
>>Day 2
>>/home/h*
>>/home/i*
>>
>>etc, etc, i guess you know what i mean.
>>
>>So i made 4 filesets that look all like this.
>>
>>FileSet {
>>      Name = "slashhome-day1"
>>      Include {
>>              Options {
>>                      signature = MD5;
>>                      compression=GZIP;
>>                      wilddir = "/home/a*";
>>                      wilddir = "/home/b*";
>>                      wilddir = "/home/c*";
>>                      wilddir = "/home/d*";
>>                      wilddir = "/home/e*";
>>                      wilddir = "/home/f*";
>>                      wilddir = "/home/g*";
>>              }
>>              File = /home
>>      }
>>}
>>
>>Well this does NOT work at all, everything get's back-upped multiple
>>times by "day1", "day2", "day3", "day4".
>

> Well, after finally finding the time to look at this in more detail, I would
> say, yes, the above setup is going to backup everything in /home -- assuming
> that all the subdirectories are on the same filesystem.  If I am not
> mistaken, the manual shows very clearly why this will not work, and I'll give
> you a hint here: in the absence of any exclude Option, *everything* in the
> File section is included.  The manual can explain this and tell you how to
> fix it.  Off the top of my head (don't blame me if I am wrong), I think
> adding something like:
>
>     Options {
>         exclude = yes
>         wilddir = "*"
>     }

I'd do this:

Fileset {
    Name = "Set 1"
    Include {
        Options {
            Signature = MD5;
            Compression = None;
        }
        File = /home/[a-g]*;
    }
}

Fileset {
    Name = "Set 2"
    Include {
        Options {
            Signature = MD5;
            Compression = None;
        }
        File = /home/[h-m]*;
    }
}

etc.

The other thing to do would be to use a single Fileset which gets its
File list from a script which automatically returns a list of the
correct set of home directories to be backed up that day.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518