On Monday 28 November 2005 12:59, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> A client (bang) has totaly crashed during the last (and only one existing)
> backup. So the status of this backup is error.
>
> Nevertheles, probably most of the files have been saved...
>
> How do I restore those files?
>
> What I see in the status overview is:
>
>     50  Full     19,993  3,425,859,020 Error    05-Nov-05 10:32 bang
>
> Is there a way to restore those files?

Yes.

Since the job terminated in error, there is no way to 100% guarantee that the
files can be restored. That said, all the files that were successfully
written to the Volume should be valid and recoverable.

By default, when you ask to restore the current state of the system (option 5
on the restore menu), Bacula will not consider jobs that terminated with an
error status.  However, you can explicitly select such jobs by specifying the
JobId (it is another option).

The only caution, that does not apply to the above job, is that if you specify
several jobids (you can enter as many as you want), you need to specify them
in the order the jobs were run, otherwise, files that were backed up by two
different jobs (two jobids) will have the oldest copy restored rather than
the newest ...

> They don't seam to be available in
> any of the restore procedures normaly offered by bacula and I couldn't find
> any usefull hint in the docu.

I think this is now documented at the bottom of the restore chapter (if I
remember right).

Kern

  (">
  /\