Andrei,

You could edit the hosts file on your client computer and put in the ip what you would like "server" to resolve to.

/etc/hosts
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:

Hello all

Is there a way to specify on the client side which IP address to use for
the bacula server? The reason behind the question is as follows:

The server and client have a few network interfaces including a VPN
tunnel. I've specified from the server side to connect to the client via
an ip address that does not go via VPN. When I execute the job and
monitor the connections, I can see the server sends a request to the
client and uses external interface (not via vpn), which is exactly what
i want. However, when the client starts sending a backup data to
server:9103, it sends it via VPN link and not via external interface. Is
there a way to force the client's side to use a specific IP address for
the server?

Many thanks for any help

Andrei