[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a fairly simple single computer setup, it backs up about
> 7.5GB of data to a DDS-3 tape on the first Sunday of each month. For
> the rest of the month it does nothing but incrementals (plus full
> backup of the catalog) every night, amounting to less than 2GB a
> month. That leaves 2.5GB of blank space at the end of the tape, which
> I don't mind wasting, so rather than try to do a full backup on that
> nearly-full tape, waking up to find Bacula complaining to me about
> running out of room, and having to span the full backup over two
> tapes, I just remove that tape and mount the oldest volume from the
> pool so the full backup can start on a fresh tape. That's all well
> and good, but I'd really prefer it if Bacula would do the ejecting
> for me so that a) I don't have to load up the console to do it, and
> b) there's a tape hanging out of the front of the computer that
> reminds me I need to change tapes. So ideally on the Saturday before
> the first Sunday of a month (which could be the 1st, 4th or 5th
> Saturday of the month) the tape would be ejected as soon as the
> incremental and catalog backups were finished. So, to my question:
>
> Is there any way to schedule something to happen at "sat before 1st
> sun at 1:15" or "1 days before 1st sun at 1:15" or "1st sun at 1:15
> minus 24 hours" etc.?

When I had to accomplish this, a job running on the last day of the
month, I wrote a Perl script that was run every month on the 28th-31st
and which used a few simple Perl Date::Calc functions to determine
whether it was in fact the last day of the month.  This wasn't for a
Bacula job, but you could use such a script as a RunBeforeJob script and
return 0 unless it really is the last of the month.

Or, of course, we could simply adjust the Earth's orbit and spin to have
12 months of exactly 30 days each.  ;)  (Or 13 months of exactly 28 days
, giving us exactly 4 weeks per month ... we wouldn't even have to
change the length of the week, and it'd be a smaller rotational change.
 We could call the new 13th month ANYTHING BUT Bushtober.....)

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518