Mark Hazen wrote:

Kern-

Knowing full and well the weight that publically supporting a project with the size and scope of Bacula puts on your shoulders, I'd like to say thank you, thank you, thank you. You do an admirable job, and yes, while Bacula may not be as easy to get into as some of the commercial backup systems, it's been far more flexible, and just as resilient and dependable for us here.

No reply is necessary, I know you've got a lot of fish to fry, but I wanted to say "thanks". I think it's important to know how much we all do appreciate your hard work.

The same goes for those of you Bacula gurus who take the time to answer the community questions. I spent a month reading documentation and testing before implementing our Bacula environment here which alleviated a great deal of my disorientation by itself, but I also know I was graciously given the time to do things right by my employer, which isn't a luxury everyone has access to when rolling out backup services.

Cheers, and thanks.
-mh.

I would also like to echo these sentiments.
Bacula is fantastic, it has reliably backed up my whole office and datacentre consisting of over 30 machines, totalling around 10TB of data, and when restoring in anger it hasn't failed me.

Also, the help from the mailing has been top notch.

Thanks Kern (and everyone else)!
Danny