On 1 Dec 2005 at 10:37, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Yes, a shorter Volume retention period will "force" pruning of job and file
> data, but as the manual and a recent email point out, after changing the .conf
> volume retention period, you must update the catalog data for volumes that
> already exist.

Okay, now I am even more confused.  My volume retention period is 6 days and
has always been 6 days, while the job retention period was set for 30 days.
On day 7, the volumes does NOT auto recycle unless I purge it.  Pruning it
only removes 2 files normally of the 25 or so on the tape.

Now that I've adjusted the job retention period to 6 days, do you I still
need to update the volumes? Or is the job retention period a red herring?  Or
is there something else I need to do?
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting