Oooh - There were small backslashes sneaking in after the c: and d: and e:,
I didn't check these because I thought that an error there would have
prevented files from being backed up.

Changed theese to foreward and then counting on all is OK tomorrow after
the new backups
Sure I will never forget these now ;-)

regards

Steen

By the way - I know it is in the manual, found it very easily now that I
knew what to look for, but for others to come after me, maybe it could
without too much trouble be incorporated as a check in the dir.conf and be
reported as an error when you use the -t option?

-- --------------------------------------------------------
Steen L Meyer - IT Manager -  Ibsen Photonics A/S
Ryttermarken 15 - 21, DK-3520 Farum, Denmark
Tel.: (+45) 44 34 70 00 - Fax.: (+45) 44 34 70 01
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.ibsenphotonics.com

                      Kern Sibbald

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                To:
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
                      E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          cc:    Steen Meyer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                        Subject:     Re:
[Bacula-users] can not restore to windows in ver
                                                        1.38.0

                      07/12/2005 18:40

Hello,

It looks to me like you used Windows path separators in your FileSet. This
is
unfortunately rather fatal for restoring.  Please check your FileSet, then
carefully re-read the FileSet chapter of the manual.  Once you get that
right, things should go more smoothly.  See below for more ...

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 15:58, Steen Meyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have anybody succeeded in restoring to windows in that version?
>
> Restore tree is beeing build, but listing, cd'ing or restoring fails with
> all windows clients no matter which console is used for requesting the
> restore.
>
> Listing just returns nothing and no errors.
> CD returns the following:
> $ cd c:
> Invalid path given.
> cwd is: /
> $ cd C:
> Invalid path given.
> cwd is: /
>
> Even though the listing of the root is:
> $ dir
> drwxrwx--T   1 root     root             0  2001-11-22 14:24:48  c:\/
> drwxrwx--T   1 root     root             0  2001-11-22 15:24:25  d:\/
>
> Any ideas where I can go from here - Any way to find out if the fault is
in
> the client or in the director or the database?
>
> Should I maybe go for a downgrade or upgrade or whatever?

No, just fix the FileSet and it should work (if I am not mistaken).

> In linux restore works just fine - unfortunately not ready to dump
windows
> servers just yet;-)
>
> Since I never had this working there are som things I am unsure of.
Should
> I be able to request a restore to a windows client from a Linux console?

Yes.

> Is it possible to have the SD running on a different machine than the
> director?

Yes.

> Cheers
>
> Steen