Hi,

Kern Sibbald schrieb:
Hello Arno,

You must have been on vacation because I have missed your emails.

Unfortunately not. I'm just a little busy at the moment, and then I've still got a family.

It is good to read your excellent responses to user questions again. :-)

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if you could try the 1.38.3 beta. Please use the released tar file rather than the CVS -- the HEAD CVS is now slightly behind the 1.38 branch in terms of fixes ...

I'll download it in a few minutes...

Although I haven't been able to reproduce the pool problems you are having, I have been working on it nevertheless. When I was able to duplicate the two drive problem of not running jobs simultaneously on both drives, I took the time to review the reservation system in detail, and I found a few places where there *may* have been problems.

I should see if the version 1.38.3beta fixes my problem on Tuesday - that's still my jobs-to-different-pools-day. I'll report what happens. And, of course, I've got one run of straight and usual backups before that, although I don't think there will be any problems tomorrow.

Also, if your problem originated from failed jobs where the Dir was unable to contact a client, then it was most likely related to bug # 508, which is now fixed.

No, I don't think that's the problem.

Oh, yes, I have now corrected the documentation for 1.38.3 for the Maximum Changer Wait specification.

Great. Thanks.

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]