[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The biggest problem I have is the following error message;
>
> Warning: Couldn't rewind device /dev/nst0 ERR=dev.c:406 Rewind error on
> /dev/nst0. ERR=Input/output error.
>
> I get this error message all the time and of course my backups do not
> run due to this error.

I get this error periodically, using single drives (a VXA1 and an LTO1).
Usually, it means that a tape has been changed, but not unmounted first.
 If I execute an unmount and a mount on the drive in question, it
invariably goes away.  You might try this before you go relabelling tapes.

> The other problem I have is bacula dies on a regular basis (usually when
> the full backups run), exactly when the first backup is scheduled to run.
>
> When I check the logs, I see;
>
> 05-Dec 22:00 ganymede-dir: Start Backup JobId 1963,
> Job=Custweb2.2005-12-05_22.00.00
>
> and nothing elseā€¦

Does it dump core?  Are you running with debugging enabled?  These will
probably be necessary to isolate this issue.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518