On Wednesday 14 December 2005 16:28, Bruno Léon wrote:
> I'm using bacula for 2 months now and I'm doing some restore tests now
> that the volume of data is quite big.
> Actually, I'd like to restore a file but this takes an extremely long
> time, more than 2 hours to read the catalog.
> The catalog is 500Mo and the server is only backup server, 1.3Ghz PIII
> with 256 Mb or RAM.
>
> Do you think that this duration is normal or not ?

I don't think so. I had similar problems when the indices on my MySQL
database haven't been created properly. Check that you have the following
indices created on the `File` table:

#  INDEX (JobId),
#  INDEX (PathId),
#  INDEX (FilenameId),
#  INDEX (JobId, PathId, FilenameId)

Currently it takes me a maximum of 30 seconds to build the directory tree.
Without having these indices it took 5-10 minutes here.

Regards
 Christoph
--
~