Hello Kern,

do you think that this problem also affects me? My plan was to test
the beta (released 10. Dec) and two drives today with a new tape set.

To give you a little reminder:
A HP 2/20 Library with 10 tapes on the left side in pool DRIVE-1 and
10 tapes on the right side in pool DRIVE-2. I'm allways loading the
first tape from any pool and mount it. So there's no mtx stuff at the
beginning of the backup, but definitely later when tapes got full.

Are you going to release the fixed version in the next few hours?

Thanks,
Volker

Kern Sibbald wrote:
Hello Rick,

Thanks for the debug output. I think I have now found the problem in the algorithm at least the problem that is hitting you. This time, I'm 100% that I have found at least one major problem.

I'm going to run code through all my tests here on two machines, then on Solaris and FreeBSD. Once I've done that I'll make the new code available -- probably this evening.