my version:

Version: 1.38.0 (28 October 2005)

Can you show a sample configuration setup of how I would spread jobs over different drives (if it's possible in the version I'm using)?

thanks,
-Ben

On Dec 19, 2005, at 3:33 PM, Kern Sibbald wrote:

On Monday 19 December 2005 23:21, Ben McClelland wrote:
If I have an autochanger with 4 separate drives and 4 jobs (one for
each of the drives) listed, do I have to have 4 separate pools for
the media so the drive have their own pool?

You can do that, but if you are using the very latest code, it is not
necessary.  Bacula now knows how to spread jobs to separate drives.

However, if you want all jobs of name X to go to a particular Volume, and jobs of name Y to go to a different Volume (and always the same one until it is
full) then having separate pools will permit you to do that.

Kern

  (">
  /\
  V_V